Focus Global is dedicated to bringing the world’s top global brands to Southeast Asian homes. We take pride in being a true marketing company by employing extensive marketing tools and by investing and experimenting in new technology to help us regularly rethink and re-imagine the consumer retail experience. We promote a culture of growth, creativity, and excellence through our brands and through our people.
About the Role:
The Assistant Accounting Supervisor oversees the accurate recording and financial health of various Focus Global brands. A highly motivated, hardworking leader with knack for crunching numbers, the Assistant Accounting Supervisor role is for accounting gurus who are looking for growth opportunities while working with top global brands.
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business operations such as inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Maintaining cost accounting system
- Assisting in month-end close of the General Ledger
- Analyzing monthly financial statements to inform business strategy
- Accomplish any other tasks and duties that may be assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy/Banking/Finance or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience working in cost accounting / general accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge in job costing, product costing, and project costing
- Entrepreneurial, nimble and quick to adapt.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with giving and receiving feedback
- Loves adopting new technology and software tools (e.g. Google Docs, Google Sheets, Slack, Asana, Xer, etc)
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to adapt a customer-centric mindset