Focus Global is dedicated to bringing the world’s top global brands to Southeast Asian homes. We take pride in being a true marketing company by employing extensive marketing tools and by investing and experimenting in new technology to help us regularly rethink and re-imagine the consumer retail experience. We promote a culture of growth, creativity, and excellence through our brands and through our people.
About the Role:
The Division Head oversees the Sales & Business teams of our Consumer Goods division. This individual is highly motivated, a self-starter and thrives in a fast paced corporate environment.
- Oversee and direct overall Sales, Marketing, and Business strategy for Focus Global’s consumer goods division in the Philippine market
- Sales & Business Development – Online & Offline Channels
- Design and implement strategic plans to reach sales targets.
- Meet and strategize with priority accounts to build the brand volume and presence.
- Define strategy across multiple channels online (marketplaces, own .com website) and offline (company stores, dealers, wholesalers, retailers, etc).
- Develop new strategic customers to grow market share of Focus Global brands.
- Assess costs, competition, and demand to identify selling prices. Forecast sales volume for current and new products.
- Develop and implement programs that build brand awareness and brand loyalty through marketing campaigns.
- Ensure that excellent customer service is provided to clients at all time
- Business Strategy
- Define and execute on product and marketing strategy.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with partners and service providers to ensure successful business operations.
- Analyze financial data to improve revenue and profit margins as well as reduce operating costs.
- Develop the market in the Philippines to further grow the business. Identify growth opportunities for the company with new brands.
- Oversee Sales & Marketing teams
- Set and track objectives and key results across all teams
- Hire, train, and oversee the Focus Global team. Establish training programs and systems to facilitate the growth of team members.
- Build a company culture that encourages top performance, teamwork, and high morale. Uphold Focus Global company values – dedication, discipline, teamwork, excellence, and willingness to learn.
- Safeguard company assets through development of strong systems and checks and balances
- Ensure documentation of all systems and processes to ensure business continuity.
- Accomplish any other tasks and duties that may be assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Multiple years Sales & Marketing experience handling brands in the Philippine consumer market space with online and offline channel partners, preferably in related product categories like small electrical appliances and consumer goods
- Execution of sales strategies for offline retailer partners and online e-commerce channel partners (e.g. marketing campaigns, promotions, category management, merchandising)
- Demonstrated history of executing on end-to-end projects on key areas that you will oversee
- Leadership and management experience of staff level and managerial level employees, emphasizing openness to feedback and professional development for team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Technology, or other relevant discipline
- Entrepreneurial: We are a team that is nimble and quick to adapt. There will be minimal to no hand-holding — this environment is perfect for someone who is independent, self-driven, and looking for growth opportunities.
- An excellent communicator: We speak quickly and act quickly. This requires concise and efficient communication.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback: We believe in radical candor. Everyone is empowered to speak their mind and constantly share feedback.
- Love adopting new technology and software tools (e.g. Google Docs, Google Sheets, Slack, Asana, Xero, etc): We are always on the lookout for new tools to use that will make our work more efficient.
- Data-driven: We love numbers and data. We are data-driven which means that we make decisions based on quantifiable metrics.
- Customer-centric: We do whatever it takes to satisfy our customers.