Focus Global is dedicated to bringing the world’s top global brands to Southeast Asian homes. We take pride in being a true marketing company by employing extensive marketing tools and by investing and experimenting in new technology to help us regularly rethink and re-imagine the consumer retail experience. We promote a culture of growth, creativity, and excellence through our brands and through our people.
About the Role:
The Technical Project Manager will drive key technology initiatives for growth, marketing, sales, and operations. This role will provide you with opportunities to lead various technical projects such as website or internal app development through initiation, planning, execution, control, and completion.
- Expert in Project Initiation & Planning
- Fully scope and understand user needs through quantitative and qualitative measures (e.g. time studies, interviews)
- Develop robust and detailed project management plans which break down and prioritize tasks, with set milestones and deadlines
- Align the company’s general business targets and the key needs of all relevant departments with the project’s objectives and outcomes
- Direct all project management phases: assign and supervise project tasks, continuously follow up on progress, blockers, risks, and opportunities
- Manage project resources and their costs to ensure project tasks are executed and reviewed within the predefined scope
- Conduct regular project status meetings (daily/weekly); organize pre and post mortems for key milestone launches
- Detect, report, and fix issues whenever necessary, providing solutions to project-related issues
- Submit deliverables and ensure they adhere to quality standards
- Conduct rigorous user testing and feedback cycles; recommend further improvements
- Track project performance using appropriate metrics, systems, tools, and techniques
- Perform any other relevant, project-related duties when needed
What We’re Looking For:
- Entrepreneurial: We are a team that is nimble and quick to adapt. There will be minimal to no hand-holding — this environment is perfect for someone who is independent, self-driven, and looking for growth opportunities.
- Excellent Communicator: We speak quickly and act quickly. Must be able to clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Analytic & Data-Driven: We love data and always make decisions based on quantitative figures. Must be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Self-Motivated: Strong work ethic and sense of accountability. Get-it-done mindset; resourceful, in your element going from 0 to 1. A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful product & business problems.
- Adaptable: Agile and able to quickly adjust to shifting priorities, while managing stakeholder expectations and stress levels.
- Critical Thinker: Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities. Able to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction.
- Organized: Manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Efficient & Detail-Oriented: Capacity to balance multiple projects, deadlines, and requests while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.